About MeIn case you wondered who I am, read on!
Some personal information seems to have found its way onto this hypertext document to appease any interest in who I am, what I do, and how I came to be.
I was born in 1986, and "Mads Engel Hauberg" was the name I was given by my parents. I was born in Aalborg in Denmark but I now live in Aarhus. I have a BSc. in nanotechnology from Aalborg University and a BMed from Aarhus University. Currently, I study medicine at Aarhus University as well as taking a PhD degree.
My spare time interests range rather broadly. I like listening to music and to play on my guitar. I played in a small rock band in high school, but now I mostly play classical music. I'm also interested in photography, as may be seen from the photography section.
I also enjoy some more geeky things like the life sciences, math, physics and programming. I created my website back in 2003 and it has developed progressively when I have had enthusiasm to update it and make software for it.
Travelling is also a significant part of my life. I've been to many countries within Europe as well as travelled to China and USA. I like to both experience the culture of the countries I travel to as well as exploring the natural scenery. In particular, I've grown fond of mountain trekking.
- Pink Floyd
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor
- Dream Theater
- Boards of Canada
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- Lord of the rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Memento by Christopher Nolan
- Fargo by Coen Brothers
- Sideways by Alexander Payne
- There Will Be Blood by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Dead Man by Jim Jarmush
- The Shining by Stanley Kubrick
10 things I want to do in my life
- Visit Machu Picchu
- Dive at Great Barrier Reef
- Write a novel
- Learn to juggle with three balls
- Climb Kilimanjaro
- Get an article published in a peer-reviewed magazine
- Complete this list...
Informal Curriculum Vitae
I spend most of my time with my studies but I am always interested if an extraordinarily good/interesting job opportunity arises. Feel free to contact me.
- Widget development
- Scientific research in nanotechnology and biotechnology
- Image editing and graphics development
Previous Job Experience
- Aarhus University: My current job where I teach 2nd semester students histology as a student teacher. (2010-2013)
- Aalborg University: I taught 2nd semester students thermodynamics as a student teacher. (2008)
- Nomeco: I packaged medical drugs for the pharmacies. This considered in handling their orders and packaging it. (2007-2008)
- Nordjyske Medier: I proof-read phonebooks and validated the data. This was, to say the least, rather boring. (2007)
- Newspaper deliverer: Not the most rewarding job, but at leas the wages were good (1999-2004)